25 Bill Gates Quotes to Inspire You
Bill Gates is one of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs. He is the world’s richest man from 1995 to 2017. That’s 22 (except for 4) consecutive years!
His story is even more relative because he is the typical example of a ‘drop out’ that still made it big notwithstanding.
Bill Gates in 2009 initiated (and signed) the Giving Pledge, where he pledged to give off at least 50% of his wealth to charity in his lifetime. Aside that, he (along with his wife Melinda) runs a charity, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Bill Gates is an accomplished inventor, business magnate, investor and philanthropist. He knows what it takes to be successful; hence when he talks, you should listen.
Here are 25 quotes from him:
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.
- I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.
- If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake.
- Life is not fair, get used to it.
- We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.
- Patience is a key element of success.
- Treatment without prevention is simply unsustainable.
- When a country has the skill and self-confidence to take action against its biggest problems, it makes outsiders eager to be a part of it.
- To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.
- I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.
- It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
- This is a fantastic time to be entering the business world, because business is going to change more in the next 10 years than it has in the last 50.
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait ’til you get a boss. He doesn’t have tenure.
- We have to find a way to make the aspects of capitalism that serve wealthier people serve poorer people as well.
- Expectations are a form of first-class truth: If people believe it, it’s true.
- The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something before you feel good about yourself.
- If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.
- I have been struck again and again by how important measurement is to improving the human condition.
- If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?
- Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
- Most people underestimate what they can accomplish in a day – and overestimate what they can accomplish in a year.
- Our success has really been based on partnerships from the very beginning.
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- Headlines, in a way, are what mislead you because bad news is a headline, and gradual improvement is not.
- Money has no utility to me beyond a certain point.
If you enjoyed the post, please share with others. You can use the social media share buttons below.