In a previous post on the blog, I explained the difference between email, Gmail and Yahoo! mail. You can read the post here.
Concisely, the difference between the three is that email is the process or method of sending electronic messages (called mail) while Gmail and Yahoo! mail provide the service. They make it possible to send mails.
Having said that, I’m going to take you through the step by step process of creating/opening a Yahoo! account. I already wrote a post on how to create a Gmail account here. Click here to go to the post.
Because of the popularity of mobile phones and the chances that you’re likely going to attempt opening a Yahoo! mail with your phone, all screenshots in this post are taken using a phone to create the account.
Here we go…
- Go to www.mail.yahoo.com and click on <b>“Sign up”</b> at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, enter your details in the appropriate box as provided. Click on “Continue” when you’re done.
NOTE: First name means your own name while last name means your surname.
Recommended Reading: The 6 Geopolitical Zones of Nigeria and Their States
- The next page is the phone number verification page. Click on “Text me a verification code” to request a verification code.
- Once you receive the verification code (it will be sent through SMS), tap inside the box and enter the verification code in there. Tap on “Verify” to verify your phone.
NOTE: if you didn’t receive the verification code, click on “Resend” to receive a new code.
- “Congratulations! You are the proud owner of a brand new Yahoo account.” That’s Yahoo! congratulating you for having an account with them.
Tap on “Continue” to go to the Yahoo! homepage.
To access your account (mail, that is), on the Yahoo! homepage, look to the top right corner of the page, you’ll see an icon (either of a person or the initial of your name), click on it.
Henceforth, you have the choice of using the mail via browser or the Yahoo! mail app.
To sign in from a browser…
- Log on to www.login.yahoo.com
- Enter your email (that is firstname.lastname@example.org) and press “Next”
- On the next page, enter your password in the space provided and click on “Sign in”
That’s all about creating a Yahoo! account and signing in.
Don’t forget to share this post with others. You can use the social media share buttons on the page.
Thanks and come again!